In this episode of Let’s Talk A Little Shop, Stephanie Beringhele talks to Ashley Alderson, Founder and CEO, of The Boutique Hub.
- 1:20: There is no way to lay out a perfect business plan. A business should start with a purpose and a why.
- 3:00: How The Boutique Hub found their niche and made a pivot to support small retail businesses.
- 5:45: From inventory to merchandise, how The Boutique Hub supports retailers’ business questions.
- 7:05: Helping small retailers leverage their sales and marketing data to improve their e-commerce sales and marketing efforts.
- 8:15: As you take over a legacy business, if you don’t have a website and e-commerce, you’re shooting yourself in the foot.
- 9:00: Shopify makes e-commerce development a low barrier effort for small retailers.
- 11:02: Mindset matters, don’t let your energy and excitement drop in your slower months. Your sales reflect your belief for your monthly sales.
- 12:04: Use slower times to develop better marketing efforts, invest in automations, and manage what sets your success.
- 14:30: Relationship first, sales second – make sure you understand your customers’ lives.
- 16:00: Merchandise and selecting the products you carry in your store. Product assortment falls into four categories – trend, bread and butter, margin builders, add-on and upsells. Master all four to find success.
- 20:00: Use bi-monthly collections in order to create seasonal stories and reasons for customers to buy.
- 22:58: Time, money, and energy. You need to allow for the seasons of your personal life to ebb and flow. Balance is hard, but it’s important to define it.
- 26:49: Stop being so hard on yourself. Give yourself credit for your accomplishments.
To learn more about retail buying opportunities and attending ASD, visit our website where you can register for FREE.